Stall Warning not working

Foxlees

I love flying!
I was hoping for some help, I have a Dynon Skyview classic with the Heated Pitot with AOA, I have been trying to calibrate the AOA and stall warning without success, I follow the procedure meticulously and have done numerous times however I can not get the Stall warning to sound at all, it seems it is not working the indicator Does move but again does not indicate the correct reading when nearing the stall. I have confirmed my audio is turned on and up as load it will go, I get all other audible warnings from the skyview.
can any one give me some pointers here.
thanks
Simon

Lon

The stall warning horn on my Skyview HDX comes through the Garmin radio, via the radio’s Auxiliary channel. In order to hear the stall warning, I had to go into the radio’s Setup Menu and turn up the AUX1 volume. The Setup Menu is not the menu that comes up when pressing the radio’s Menu button. To get to Setup, it’s necessary to follow a two or three step procedure described in the radio’s Installation Manual.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you're hearing other audio ("Dynon SkyView" when you power up, and other engine alarms), then changing the volume on an external device won't change things.

It won't have audio, but can you post a picture of a high AOA situation? Also, note that there a discrete AOA audio volume level in the setup, and also you can choose where in the yellow/red the audio tone starts.

But let's back up a step - does the AOA visually work? What does it look like near the stall?

Raymo

I love aviation!
I had to calibrate my RV-7A 3 knots faster than stall to get the audio to start at the appropriate speed. Calibrating per the instructions, it would not start the tones until I was at stall speed.

Last edited:

swatson999

Are you sure the starting point is set the way you want it in the setup menu? Per the manuals:

It can be set to start its progressive tones at either the border of the yellow/green marks on the AOA bars, the middle of the yellow, or at the yellow/red border.

GHDZ

FWIW, I calibrated my KIS4 at 1/2 flaps so the stall warning started a little bit earlier. It also gives me a buffer when I use full flaps. Has worked great for me. :cool:

Last edited:

Foxlees

I love flying!
Thanks for the feedback I will check out the suggestions take some photos of the indicator on my next flight and post the pictures

Foxlees

I love flying!
Update Managed to get up flying on the weekend, I have applied the settings as described above set the stall to start at 59% and full continuous at 65% it was prev set at 85 and 100 so was never reaching the stall angle before I recovered.
The only comment now is the volume is not as load as I would like it to be.
Is there a way to attach an external stall Warner, just to confirm volume setting is up to max 100%

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There are volume settings inside of SkyView's audio setup menu, with a discrete setting for AOA. Beyond the common SkyView audio output, and those volume settings, there aren't any other connections that outputs just the AOA audio.