Steam Gauge page

dicel87

Will the next generation system have an option to display a traditional 6 pack arrangement? By this I mean not just the data but round style gauges that represent the old style steam ones.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If we get enough interest, this is something we will consider. But we don't generally think that people will pay for such a nice, large screen and then be interested only in a very small set of data that can be generated by the system. Synthetic vision is one of the bigger reasons to go to the new system and that's totally impossible with a six pack layout.

If other people are interested, please let us know.

RockFLY

G'day.

I am inclined to agree that it would be handy to have analogue style airspeed and alititude steam gauge readouts for aerobatics (rate seems easier to interpret than with tapes). I know many F/A-18 and Hawk pilots who say you eventually become familiar with the tapes for aeros, but my training and instinct says the dials are more easily interpreted in split seconds.

It appears that the TruTrak pretend analogue display has fixed needles and moving numbers. I'm not convinced this achieves the aim, but happy to be proven wrong. :)

Regards, Stu

www.mykitlog.com/RockFLY

vonsquid

I would never use a virtual steam gauge display... I would not consider that a wise use of valuable pixels.  I find the PFD display format to be very intuitive.