Step Change in Audio Alert, AOA and Stall Warner volume on Skyview HDX

dylan

I love flying!
My Dynon Skyview HDX was working fine and I have not made any changes to the software or wiring but the Audio Warning/caution volume suddenly decreased so that I can only hear the warnings when the Engine is stopped. The volume is low on both P1 and P2 Headset Jacks and with different Headsets. I have checked that the connections between the Display unit, AV-5000 and the PM3000 Intercom are tight. There is a Mute on Receive function on the PM3000 Intercom Unit but turning this off and on makes no difference.
In the Dynon Setup the volume for the Alerts is set to 100% and if I reduce this value the volume does reduce in the Headset so the control is functioning but the overall volume is too low. Can anyone suggest a most probable cause or, better still a fix.
Thanks in advance

dylan

I love flying!
Got a reply by email from Dynon Support who say the Skyview HDX Audio output may be failing, the Audio Ground between the Skyview and Intercom may be bad or the Intercom itself may be faulty. According to another Support post (different problem) there is enough power in the Skyview Audio output to drive a Headset direct so I have ordered a Breakout box with DB37 Male Female Connectors so that when I get my Hanger space back I can investigate further.

TerryD5120

I recently updated the Skyview Classic software to v16.3.2 which may or may not be coincidental. On my next start the "Dynon Skyview" annunciation through my Bose headset threatened to fracture my ear drums! The volume settings on my com panel and headset were unchanged and radio calls were received at the usual volume. I've looked through the installation and pilot manuals seeking how to reduce the Dynon volume but without success. Does anybody know?

TouchTheSky

I love flying!
You are not the only one, after updating to v16.3.2 my AOA warning was almost killing me. I made multiple level adjustments and will provide a screenshot as soon as I get to the airport again. It is however not completely resolved.

Stevec

I have a similar issue. When you test the volume of the AOA system on the ground even with the engine started all is fine using the test tones in the audio setup. When you are in the air the AOA system is silent but the other Skyview alerts come through fine. The changes I have made are a bit more drastic in that I installed a new audio panel and upgraded the v16.3.2. I am guessing the levels have changed somewhere in the system so suspect I will have to try setting it all up again while flying.

TouchTheSky

I love flying!
Here is my audio setup after upgrading to v16.3.2.

Attachments

• screenshot-audio.png
    screenshot-audio.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 185