Subscriptions Required?

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
Can someone please me identify the types and number of subscriptions I need (want) for the following setup:

-iPad
-SV1000
-GTN 650

I know the SV needs about 3 subscriptions, the GTN needs one, and ForeFlight needs another.

ForeFlight Pro is due to renew this month... so I am either going to renew or consider the Garmin app but I do not know anything about it.

Any suggestions /feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Garrett

I love flying!
Check out Seattle Avionics they are interfacing with Dynon to get a lot more info out of SkyView such as weather. I also wish that Dynon would develop an IFR GPS navigator I feel like I am paying way too much at $1000 year to Garmin for the database. I will put my GTN-650 up for sale if Dynon had a GPS navigator. Would love a totally integrated Dynon solution.

GalinHdz

Can someone please me identify the types and number of subscriptions I need (want)  for the following setup:

-iPad 
-SV1000
-GTN 650

I know the SV needs about 3 subscriptions, the GTN needs one, and ForeFlight needs another.

ForeFlight Pro is due to renew this month... so I am either going to renew or consider the Garmin app but I do not know anything about it.

Any suggestions /feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!
If you fly IFR only get the Jepessen subscription for the GTN650. Use the free FltplanGo app for your iPad while DYNON provides its updates for free. Keeps you up to date on all maps/charts/plates, provides an excellent flight planing app, let's you use your GTN650 to its full potential and complies with IFR legalities at the lowest overall cost.

If you don't fly IFR then don't do the GTN650 subscription and everything is free.

Just my 2 cents.
:cool:

swatson999

Check out Seattle Avionics they are interfacing with Dynon to get a lot more info out of SkyView such as weather.

SA chart subscriptions don't have anything to do with weather, though. That's via the ADS-B in box from Dynon.

There *are* a couple of costs to maps/charts on SV, though. First is the one-time mapping license fee (Dynon), which gets you terrain data, aviation data, obstacle data for free from then on. Second is the SA chart subscription data, $100/yr, which gets you VFR, IFR charts, approach plates, airport diagrams, etc.

GalinHdz

Check out Seattle Avionics they are interfacing with Dynon to get a lot more info out of SkyView such as weather.

SA chart subscriptions don't have anything to do with weather, though.  That's via the ADS-B in box from Dynon.

There *are* a couple of costs to maps/charts on SV, though.  First is the one-time mapping license fee (Dynon), which gets you terrain data, aviation data, obstacle data for free from then on.  Second is the SA chart subscription data, $100/yr, which gets you VFR, IFR charts, approach plates, airport diagrams, etc.
SA chart subscription is nice to have but NOT really needed. The FltplanGo app provides everything SA and Foreflight  do for free.
Disclaimer-I am NOT affiliated with FltplanGo in any way.
:)

swatson999

SA chart subscriptions don't have anything to do with weather, though.  That's via the ADS-B in box from Dynon.

There *are* a couple of costs to maps/charts on SV, though.  First is the one-time mapping license fee (Dynon), which gets you terrain data, aviation data, obstacle data for free from then on.  Second is the SA chart subscription data, $100/yr, which gets you VFR, IFR charts, approach plates, airport diagrams, etc.
SA chart subscription is nice to have but NOT really needed. The FltplanGo app provides everything SA and Foreflight  do for free.

Just not on the SV. But I get what you're saying...

rlmarshall

I pay Jeppesen $480 per year for NavData only for my GTN650. I pay SA $99 per year for US VFR+IFR Charts and Data. That works out to a total of $48 per month. Not cheap but I view it as a bare bones minimum for my purposes. I appreciate Dynon supplying so much of the data for free.

swatson999

I pay Jeppesen $480 per year for NavData only

This the part that frosts me. That data is paid for by the taxpayers, and they turn around and soak the end users for it. Another reason to support Dynon and other companies in the experimental market...