Supply Chain Update: How the current crisis is affecting Dynon

badia358

I can tell you that supply chain issues continues. All industries that use certain electronic components are dealing with this issue. I had a long wait for 2 of my 3 HDX, but I did get them with the 3rd one coming in last week or the week before.

Rhino

It's puzzling to me that a claim can be made about certified favoritism when I haven't really seen any recent reports about certified HDX deliveries on this forum. But this very thread mentions several recent deliveries of experimental displays. Given what I've seen here, it would seem much more likely someone might claim favoritism of experimentals over certified. But, strange things do happen, and we've probably all fallen victim to frustration at some point. I see zero evidence that favoritism is being granted either way. If anything, experimental deliveries would be far more likely to be comparatively greater since any hardware changes caused by supply chain issues don't have to go through an FAA approval process like certified changes do.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
A few notes:

The supply chain crisis continues in force, unfortunately. Semiconductors are still unprecedentedly hard to secure, and we expect they will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Because of this, we did make modifications to SkyView to be able to build them use alternate parts. That hardware variation isn't PMA'd/certified though.

Therefore, we now have distinct experimental and certified variants of SkyView for the time being. Most recently, we've been able to secure parts for the experimental version, so those are shipping. However, those parts aren't usable in the PMA'd version.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The current estimated lead times for experimental HDX displays is 5-6 months from when Dynon receives an firm order, either from a dealer or directly from the customer. Certified HDX displays is 3-4 months from when an order is received.