Support for FLARM

Shark2

Hi

Do you support warnings for other air trafic, like the functionality from http://www.flarm.com? Would prefer to integrate it with the SkyView rather than adding a new display.

Jörgen

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No traffic support today, but it's in the future plans. No device-specific promises yet though. See http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/news_technology_preview.html for more information about feature development on SkyView.

klindell

Hi,
As now traffic is being released with 2.6, have you plans to support also Flarm protocol?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Don't have firm plans for any particular protocols (but there WILL be more support upcoming), but flarm is one of the ones we're evaluating, so there's a good chance of it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The Garrecht TRX-1500 has been tested with SkyView and works well, as it outputs TIS. Garrecht has specifically tested it. It includes FLARM and 1090ES ADS-B targets.

As for other FLARM devices, we have looked into it, but just haven't had the demand to really implement other protocol support.

P.S.

Hi,
I'm living in Germany/Europa. We havn't TIS here. Do TRX-1500 and Skyview works without TIS?

DJ2BA

Hi,
I'm living in Germany/Europa. We havn't TIS here. Do TRX-1500 and Skyview works without TIS?

Moin!

Maybe i'm complete out of a right interpretation from the TRX-1500 Specification, but for my understanding is TIS not a Service but a Data-Protocoll comming out for other Equipment like the SV ...

oder für/von nach Deutschland ;):
Gem. der Garrechtbeschreibungen zum TRX-1500 ist TIS ein Datenformat, welches (u.a.) bereitgestellt wird, zur Darstellung für verschiedene System, wie z.B. das SkyView.

Grüße aus Bremen
Willi
(SV-D700 in einem WT01)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The TRX-1500 works well with SkyView, and has been tested to send us Flarm and ADS-B targets.

The SkyView uses the Garmin-330 TIS data format, and the TRX-1500 outputs in this format. The format doesn't actually require the data source to be TIS, it's just a standard way to send data to SkyView.