SV-ADSB-470 now shipping!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi all - just wanted to share that starting today, Monday, December 3rd, we are now shipping the new SV-ADSB-470 Traffic and Weather receiver for SkyView. We've decided to release the SV-ADSB-470 module early, before the upcoming 5.0 firmware update, so that folks that want to get a head start on installation can.

To order, the official part number and description is:

SV-ADSB-470 UAT BAND ADS-B Traffic and Weather Receiver (US only)

The list price is $995, and is available directly from us (phone, web store, fax) as well as your favorite Dynon dealer.

Please note that this product only works in the US with the US FAA ADS-B system, as it receives on the US-only 978 MHz UAT frequency. It will not work for either traffic or weather in other countries.

The product brochure may be downloaded here, and there's some more info on the SV-ADSB-470 webpage.

The SV-ADSB-470 module requires a separate external antenna and coax cable which we do not sell; any antenna suitable for use with an aircraft transponder will work, as will UAT specific antennas. The SV-ADSB-470 antenna must not be placed within 2 feet of the transponder antenna.

Also note that for traffic reception, the SV-ADSB-470 requires the SkyView Mode-S transponder to be part of the SkyView system.  Weather reception works without the Mode-S transponder.

Finally, as previously mentioned, the SV-ADSB-470 requires SkyView Version 5.0, which will not be released for several more weeks. We are releasing the hardware early so that customers can receive and install the module in time for the software release. A pre-installation guide to physically install the SV-ADSB-470 module is be available at http://docs.dynonavionics.com now. The software release will be announced on our Website.

Incidentally, I know you guys love screenshots. Here are the 3 different ways you'll be able to display weather/terrain in SkyView. It's a simple 3-way toggle switch (button 6, as seen in the screenshots):

Terrain Only:

terrain%20fullscreen.png

Terrain/Weather (terrain muted):

wx+terrain%20fullscreen.png

Weather only (terrain off):

weather%20fullscreen.png

bkthomps

I love flying!
first to respond, awesome! ahead of schedule in my mind as well

also, 5.0 firmware eh, so a major release? INTERESTING, sounds like new features

65xx

I haven't been keeping up on the Dynon ADS-B release. Anyone know why the new product is single channel only and not the other manufacturers are shipping dual channel units? I would be interested in the underlying reasons for this decision; what are the pros and cons of doing it this way. Probably a good reason, just wondered. Dan

jeffa

I haven't been keeping up on the Dynon ADS-B release.  Anyone know why the new product is single channel only and not the other manufacturers are shipping dual channel units?  I would be interested in the underlying reasons for this decision; what are the pros and cons of doing it this way.  Probably a good reason, just wondered.  Dan

Same question at Reply #91 on this thread: http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1342657392/0

Hope it's what you're asking for.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Do you mean that you want 1090 ADS-B traffic reception in Australia? In that case there are already 1090 receivers on the market that will work with SkyView.

hoyden

Is weather displayed at all ranges or is weather only displayed as shown above?

flyingboy

Do you mean that you want 1090 ADS-B traffic reception in Australia? In that case there are already 1090 receivers on the market that will work with SkyView.

That is great news re 1090, we just need the weather option. Might save me having to run the Ipad. SV is looking very good you guys are doing a great job.

jakej

Hugh

Don't hold your breath re weather, there will be a charge for it anyway. Meanwhile Weatherzone or Pocket Weather is the way to go with the IPad/Iphone etc ;)

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Just an update - Dynon released SkyView Software Version 5.0 today. This release is a big one: It adds ADS-B weather, traffic, and TFRs capability to US-based SkyView systems when paired with the SV-ADSB-470 module ($995) that we released last week.

This also means that when paired with an SV-XPNDR-26X transponder, Dynon has the only widely available and affordable ADS-B solution for homebuilts and LSA aircraft that incorporates an ADS-B Out transmission. This is important, as the transponder-based ADS-B Out transmission wakes up the ADS-B ground stations and causes them to send a traffic portrait that includes all known ADS-B targets around the SkyView-equipped aircraft.

SkyView 5.0 can be found on from our website.