SV-ADSB-472

Flavio

Anyone who has the SV-ADSB-472 installed can confirm if it allows to display mode A and C bearingless targets?

Thanx

skysailor

Yes. The ADSB 472 displays Mode A/C as well as Mode S targets both directly from the other aircraft and as part of the uplinked data stream.

Flavio

Yes. The ADSB 472 displays Mode A/C as well as Mode S targets both directly from the other aircraft and as part of the uplinked data stream.
Any option available to integrate FLARM/POWERFLARM traffic?

skysailor

Sadly, I think the only format Dynon allows for traffic and weather is from the ADSB 472. When they were having problems coming out with the 472 as an upgrade to their single channel box they were considering allowing other formats but in the end did not. I certainly wish the industry standard GDL 90 format were allowed. Dynon has told me they could allow it but choose not to do so. I even told them I was willing to pay a license fee to offset their profit on the ADSB 472 so I could eliminate a box, antenna, weight and regain a port but they were not willing to do so. I continue to ask for this when I see them at Oshkosh but no luck yet.

TouchTheSky

I love flying!
That is not correct - as you can read in my earlier post, Dynon supports the "FLARM Traffic" protocol which also includes ADS-B traffic. There are quite a few pilots out there that have successfully connected their Stratux with their Dynon. Weather is not included included in the FLARM Traffic protocol although Stratux receives it.

RVDan

I love flying!
Anyone who has the SV-ADSB-472 installed can confirm if it allows to display mode A and C bearingless targets?

Thanx
I have the ADSB 472. It will display the location and relative altitude for any aircraft equipped with ADS-B Out. It doesn’t matter what transponder they are equipped with, as long as they have ADS-B Out. The 472 will provide data received either directly from the other aircraft or rebroadcast by a ground station.

An aircraft not equipped with ADS-B Out but is equipped with either mode C or Mode S transponder will not be received by the 472 directly from the other aircraft, but will be displayed if uplinked from a ground station, i.e. interrogated by ATC.
It is important to understand this limitation in remote locations where there is no requirement for ADS-B Out and ATC radar isn’t interrogating the non equipped aircraft. You will not see the other aircraft that is transponder only on your traffic display.

AlanR

I have PowerFlarmFusion connected by serial connection up to my D1000's and shows Flarm. Works just great.