SV Com noise

Charlrv9

I have Dynon SV Com In my rv9
When transmitting on my dynon I get a lot interferes and noise I can see on icom210 trying to receive if I turn the icom off it works ok
How do I fix this

Orf

I have a Icom 210 that is noisy and Icom have been no help in solving the problem.
What I am proposing is to remove the Icom and fit two SV-COM-C25 radios. I know each radio can monitor two channels but can the system be wired so that both radios can be monitored simultaneously (i.e. four channels) but only transmit on one channel?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That depends on the capabilities of your audio panel - if it has inputs for 2 COM radios. While the SV-INTERCOM-2S has two COM radio inputs, we no longer recommend that you use it the second COM radio input. If you do choose to have two COM radios installed, we recommend the use of an audio panel from PS Engineering.

If you want only one COM to transmit at a time (including two SV-COM-C25s) when you push your PTT switch, then wire a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) to your PTT line. The PTT switch goes to the middle terminal, then each of the other terminals goes to the PTT line of the COM radio. Flip the switch one way, COM X transmits. Flip the switch the other way, COM Y transmits.

I have a Icom 210 that is noisy and Icom have been no help in solving the problem.
What I am proposing is to remove the Icom and fit two SV-COM-C25 radios. I know each radio can monitor two channels but can the system be wired so that both radios can be monitored simultaneously (i.e. four channels) but only transmit on one channel?

Orf

With the help of JakeJpeg (coincidentally by phone) I have managed to tune out most of the noise on my Icom radio.
He told me to set up the sidetone first and get an acceptable level of feedback of my own voice in my headset.
Next set up the squelch level for Mic1 with the second headset mic disconnected. Then set the level of Mic2 the same as Mic1.
That got rid of most of the noise so that it is no longer annoying.
There is still a quiet buzz when talking and I will investigate this noise by examining interference from other electrical components.
Thanks JakeJpeg.

jakej

Orf - you're most welcome, glad to help  :cool:
As explained to you - a lot of these 'issues' can be fixed easily with careful (not expensive) troubleshooting.  Feel free to call if you need further guidance.

jakej

FWIW - the cause of the noise issue was not the Dynon or Icom directly, more to the point it was an installation issue caused by the factory (LSA). The 'noise' was due to either (or both) the GPS 250 cable passing against the ph/mic jacks &/or no insulating washers on the mic jacks.