SV-COM-PANEL Power with T25 transciever

wilkersk

I love flying!
How is the SV-COM-PANEL powered when installed with the T25 transciever?

With the 425, it was powered via pins 7 and 13 of the 425 to pins 1 and 2 of the control panel. But, the pinout for the D25M on the T25 shows pin 7 as not connected, and pin 13 goes to pin 6 of the control panel D15. I looked to see if it was powered by the Skyview Network. But, according to table 4 "power requirements", it is not.

Do I hook up separate +12vdc and ground to pins 1 and 2 (respectively) instead of powering the control panel from the transciever?

Rhino

wilkersk

I love flying!

wilkersk

I love flying!
Let's try this:

51894382389_153499f2e3_c.jpg

Rhino

Is the question on the diagram highlighted because you still need an answer, or did the diagram come that way? The answer is yes, by the way.

wilkersk

I love flying!
@Rhino, thanks for your help. Your prodding irritated me so much, I had to keep at it to find the answer. What ever you do, I don't recommend going into tech support.

I was able to confirm that the power input for the SV-COM-Panel with X25 transceiver is ship's power on pin one and airframe ground on pin 2. I found it in the Dynon publication titled "REV C - WIRING DIAGRAM TYPICAL HDX DUAL DISPLAY.sch".

Since it said it was for HDX displays, I didn't even think to look there. And, since the specific wiring diagram title says its for X83 radio, I wasn't sure it would be applicable for the X25. Its only when I see that the transceiver in the wiring diagram is labeled "SV-COM-X83 or SV-COM-X25" that I'm willing to believe it to be valid for my installation.

Navy tech pubs geeks would have an absolute fit over this.

51896185055_a77966311f_c.jpg

Last edited:

Rhino

@Rhino, thanks for your help. Your prodding irritated me so much, I had to keep at it to find the answer. What ever you do, I don't recommend going into tech support.

I was able to confirm that the power input for the SV-COM-Panel with X25 transceiver is ship's power on pin one and airframe ground on pin 2. I found it in the Dynon publication titled "REV C - WIRING DIAGRAM TYPICAL HDX DUAL DISPLAY.sch".

Since it said it was for HDX displays, I didn't even think to look there. And, since the specific wiring diagram title says its for X83 radio, I wasn't sure it would be applicable for the X25. Its only when I see that the transceiver in the wiring diagram is labeled "SV-COM-X83 or SV-COM-X25" that I'm willing to believe it to be valid for my installation.

Navy tech pubs geeks would have an absolute fit over this.
Yeah, that was in one of the links I posted in post #5, and in post #7. I wasn't sure if you still wanted that question answered (which I did), or if the diagram came from wherever you got it with that question already highlighted.

Air Force pubs guys would hate this stuff too.

I was in tech support, and always got great customer reviews. But that was in the days of phone and deskside support, where you didn't have the communications difficulties you have when conversing via text over the internet, voice inflection, non-verbal cues, etc. I wasn't trying to prod at all. Sorry you took it that way.