SV-MAP-270 = 3.0 ??

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The 30 flight hours is tracked by the software, and it is automatic from the time you install the 3.0 firmware. It really is flight hours, not powered on hours, so if you aren't flying yet it won't decrement, even if you are playing with the map on the ground.

Bruno

Hi Mr Dynon Support
     100 miles...should be pretty close...worth a try anyway if not I"ll just purchase the update..

30 ''Flt Hrs''..sound good so I will have time to play with it before I fly again..great.. :cool:

Now...when is it coming out...?

Thanks

pajfcorg

So if Engineering is working on final testing this week, it would be nice if Marketing is working this week on updating the Feature list and the 'Preview of Coming Attractions' pages on the web site. I hope both documents are updated at the same time as the announcement of availability of 3.0. It would great to use the Feature page to better understand what actually got implemented in 3.0. You might also flag the new features shipping in 3.0.

It would also be great to get a sense of what is going to be in 3.1/3.2/3.#. Obviously it is not possible to know all the details, but getting a sense for priorities and likely soon to be is always great. It may be too early, but a rough guess on the 3.1 time-line of would be nice also.

I really appreciate how great you guys are on sharing futures.

Thanks, Phil

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't have the resources to do complete project planning while we are still working on another project, so unfortunately we can't give you the feature list of timeframes for future projects right at the end of a current project. We now need to have engineering look at all the prioritized features, do some R&D on them, and then do estimates on how long they will actually take.

We are continuously getting better and better and planning and scheduling projects, but this also means we're a lot less willing to shoot from the hip and say "this should only take a few months" unless we have an actual resource commitment and full project definition. We have made statements like that in the past, but the future always seems to get in the way and change both timeframes and features. We have learned it is not smart to discuss anything we aren't actually working on at that moment.

We always have release notes that do a great job covering what is in a specific release.

If you want to help Dynon get better at projects, we do have an opening for a Systems Engineer ;)

mcr01passion

I would like to know if we have the SV-MAP-270 and Jeppesen Europe coverage (airport+navaid+obstacles), will we have also runways and obstacles on synthetic PFD, as with FAA data?