SV1000 Compete Failure After Initial Power Up

EchoCharlie1

In awe over the beautiful wx in North Central Florida this morning, with confidence in my wonderfully running SV1000, I powered up and started taxiing down the well-manucured grass runway for a departure in the opposite direction.  I turned around to begin my runup and behold, my SV1000 was dark as night.  Huh?  Okay, this is not good.

I powered down, waited a few moments, then re-energized.  No joy!  Repeated about a dozen times, once or twice, it would start coming up, then go dark.  Hmm (as I'm scratching my head)?

I abort the flight and embarrassingly taxi back toward the north end of the runway to the house.  I attampted once more and just after the system appeared to be operating normal, the screen began to fade and then, this:

If no picture, it shows 10 thick vertical bars. I have flown with the system for over 10 hours and am perplexed.

Attachments

• SV1000_screen_shot.JPG
    SV1000_screen_shot.JPG
    773.4 KB · Views: 119

Jamie

Have you removed the backup battery ( if you have one ) ? I found this helped when mine would not boot.
If it locked up while booting, did you try holding 1,2 & 5 keys for a reset ?
Other than that, I would contact dynon, they will get you a new screen.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Try pushing buttons 1,2, and 5 simultaneously (manual re-boot).

If not, try disconnecting the backup battery and see if it will boot up with Avionics power turned on.

If either of those allow the SkyView display to boot up, then update your system to v3.2, and you should be OK.

If not, contact Dynon Tech Support - support@dynonavionics.com, 425-402-0433 and we'll work with you to get it repaired.

EchoCharlie1

Finally got the SV-1000 up, started loading the firmware v3.2, but the the console crashed while doing the network update.

I fails to come up, whether on ship's battery power, or an external 12v DC power supply.

There is no b/u battery (fyi for understanding configuration).

I'm down to contacting Tech Support via phone. The system flew well, for about 10 hours.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
When you call, please leave a message. Support is often saturated and can't get to your call in realtime, but, they ALWAYS return messages.

EchoCharlie1

Tech support did, in fact, return my call very quickly! Problem too complex to handle over the phone, therefore an RMA was issued.

To be continued...(hopefully with positive ending). ;)