SV1000T - stayed on when batt master off

swatson999

There is no bug here. Everything is operating 100% as expected.

Our logic for shutdown is simple. Airspeed not zero? Don't shutdown without user interaction.

Is this about IAS being sensed via the pitot tube or erronius GPS ground speed indicated in fringe conditions? Got the impression earlier you were indicating jumps in GPS ground speed in fringe situations could account for an aborted shutdown.

For my part both aborted power downs (leading to back up battery depletion) took place in my hangar with no significant air movement at the pitot tube. The GPS was jumping in and out of lock with the hangar door open.

They did (and several instances in my case were also in the hangar, a no-wind condition)...

It also might think you're on the move if GPS lock were iffy, which can cause it to walk a bit and cause some of the behaviors to treat you like you're in-flight (where you definitely don't want a countdown)

but if a recalibration will solve it, I'm good.

And airguy...yep, I'm updating my annual condition inspection checklist right now!

El_Zopilote

I also love flying!
Yep... the same situation here. But until now I cannot explain the phenomenon. Starting with this flight season I almost always got the red bar(s) on the bottom of the screen(s) informing me that "Aircraft Power Is Lost" (or something similar) and I usually shut down the screens from the buttons. No big deal until now. But now at least I know that I have an issue and I have to get it fixed. First of all I'll do the Zero Airspeed Calibration and after that I think that would be a good idea to check my pitot system for leaking together with checking the ASI indicators for accuracy. I'll come back here with the results.

El_Zopilote

I also love flying!
After the Zero Airspeed Calibration procedure, powering down several times the aircraft (from the main switch on the panel) the two Dynon screens are displaying the red bars with the 30 seconds counter. I wait those 30 seconds and the screens indeed shut down after those 30 seconds.

Regards and thanks again for your help,

Alex.