SV32 Servo Limiting bracket

jethound

I have installed the SV32 in my wing and now the questions concerns the limiting bracket. In the directions there is no picture as to the orientation of the bracket.
Anyone have a picture of the restrictor bracket installed on the servo?

If not for Dynon, how does the bracket mount. I can mount it either way on my RV7 but on the SV32 it can be mounted from the spar side down or opposite?

Smilin' J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Attached is a picture of the correct orientation of the servo with respect to the force limiting bracket and the direction of travel. This was a trial fit in an aircraft, so if you're looking carefully, you'll notice that the screws don't have any lock washers underneath them, as they would in a final installation.

Attachments

• pitch_1.JPG
    pitch_1.JPG
    683.4 KB · Views: 171

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Fundamentally, you want the bracket centered in that fashion, so that when the arm's in its neutral position, it's about equidistant to both of the force limiting bracket's stops. The bracket should both not interfere with your normal control surface range of motion, and it should also stop the arm from traveling over center. (though really, your installation geometry should already prevent this. The limiting bracket is just an insurance policy). The roll installation is basically the same, with the servo rotated 180 degrees. The bracket will install that way too.