SV32 Servos

Zmyslowski

I have recently bought and fitted these servos to my RV8, as I knew I wanted to go with Dynon for my panel, which I have yet to build. I have not bought any Dynon panel hardware (D100 or Skyview) while waiting to see how Skyview performs in the real world. As these servos have the 7 wires for Skyview compatability I thought there was nothing more to do if I purchased Skyview. Now I hear they have to be 'upgraded'! Can these new servos work out-of-the-box with a Skyview panel?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Andrzej,

In order for a servo to work with SkyView, it will need to have new firmware on it.

There are three ways to get the new firmware:

1) Purchase servos from us after this week. We expect to be shipping all servos with new firmware within a few days

2) Upgrade any existing servo using a current EFIS (D10A, D100, D180) to version 5.2 (which is now on the web)

3) Send the servo to us for the upgrade

We cannot upgrade a servo with SkyView. The whole point of the upgrade is that it makes the servo compatible with SkyView, so it can't work the other way. Sorry if this wasn't made clear to you when you ordered, but we were doing our best to let everyone know.

Brantel

I saw this posted by Dynon in a couple places stating that 5.2 is now on the web for download.

I cant see that all I see is 5.1.1

Where is 5.2?

(which is now on the web)

billsettle

OK, I just bought a roll servo from Spruce on 11/27 and was getting ready to install it in my -8 wing. What do I need to do to send it back to you to be updated?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We released 5.2 at the beginning of December, and their stock probably runs a month or two back, so it probably does need an upgrade. Give us a call at 425-402-0433 for an RMA.

BULY

I just installed a V32 Altitude Hold servo and last night tried to initialize it. Everything went well untill the Busmaster page that listed the servo as active. The manual said that on the bottom of the list should read ACTIVE.
Mine reads STAND ALONE.
Than the manual reads "scroll down with the down key, but there is no UP or Down keys active? I feel in a dead end?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So before getting to the servo calibration part, did you do go through the DSAB configuration routine? If not, start there. The servo needs to be recognized by the system before you can calibrate/configure it as the autopilot.