SW version 14 Traffic

RVDan

I love flying!
I just updated to V14 SW.  The Skyview installation includes the SV-470 ADS-B in, and I have the 261 transponder with the GPS250 for ADS-B out (SDA=0 SIL=0).

Throughout the first and only flight,  I kept experiencing recurring traffic and warnings that were own aircraft. 

I have just installed the GPS2020 but not yet flown to see if the same thing happens. 

I can download the diagnostic file before the next flight if you want.

dlloyd

You might want to read a little chapter 11 starting about page 17 of the install guide.
Check the transponder status. If in yellow it needs updating to the SW02.08 version. That needs to be done to change the SDA/SIL or be able to use the GPS2020. Make certain your other aircraft info including the hex code is correct.
For the GPS-250, you need the .08 software to get the SDA=1, SIL=1. But since you have now installed the GPS-2020, leave the 0 settings for the 250 if you set the 2020 as your primary GPS source. You are at least half way there.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
RVDan - After you update to v14 we'd expect you to not have correct traffic unless you have the SV-GPS-250 set to SIL 1 operation. On the SV-GPS-2020 installation, there are a few software things to take care of, including setting the serial port correctly, updating the transponder software, and then ensuring that the ADS-B out transponder settings are set correctly. As dlloyd mentions, chapters 8 and 11 of the installation manual cover both of your scenarios.

RVDan

I love flying!
Missed the transponder update as a requirement for the V14 update- thought that was only when adding SV GPS 2020, which I have now done. So that should resolve the issue. Thanks.