System and map update

luigi692

Flying over wine country in Asti, Italy
I am trying to update skyview to ver.14.2 and the map with av_data and ob_data from Pocketfms. I have done this a number of times with no problem.
I have all files (1 .duc and 2 .dup) in the root directory of the stick in the USB port of Skyview
Now I enter Setup>System Setup and the first item I get is "Update to ver. 14.2 system software". From there my only options are "BACK" and "EXIT", so I am unable to update
Then the following item in the System Setup Menu is "LOAD" from where I always updated the maps.
And, although both av_data and ob_data are on the stick, they don't appear on the right hand side of the screen.
I can't update the maps either.
What can I do ?

Thank you

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Sounds similar to my problem below. I finally found that the downloaded file had somehow got corrupted. I erased everything from the memory stick, reformatted it, then downloaded the program again. Worked swell at last!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That could possibly be a problem with the files on the stick. If using a different USB stick does not fix things after downloading the files again, can you take pictures of those screens and send them to support at dynonavionics dot com for us to take a look at for you?

luigi692

Flying over wine country in Asti, Italy
I downloaded the files again and stored them on a different memory stick. I installed the 14.2 system update and the aviation data with no problem. Was either the stick or the files. Thank you very much for your help