Tach running double time

EchoWhiskey

New Skyview EMS installation. Lycoming 0-320 with dual magneto. Installed rpm leads with 30k ohm resistors included with EMS. Tach seems to be running double time. Getting 1400 at idle.

What I read is that the EMS chooses only one of the inputs. There was also guidance on increasing resistance but I didn't see that option in sensor set-up. Any help greatly appreciated.....

skysailor

You need to go to the engine parameters and change the pulses per revolution number. The resistor is not the issue. This value should be in the engine information section SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > ENGINE INFORMATION if memory serves. Double the number currently in the field. I think the default value is 1. You should use 2.

EchoWhiskey

Thanks for the tip. However, i was unable to find this entry in the engine information section, like another poster. must the engine be running to see this?

EchoWhiskey

I read somewhere this setting is in the engine information section. Appears that it is

In SkyView, it's set at:
SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > EMS CALIBRATION > TACHOMETER CALIBRATION > PUL/REV (C37 P32/P34) or PUL/REV (C37 P33/P35)

skysailor

The post just above gives the correct location. The engine does not need to be running.