Testing FlowScan 201B

cperry

I'm not getting a reading from the EMS-220 for fuel flow, even in the debug screen, connected to pin14. I've got 12 volts at the transducer, and continuity on the signal wire from the transducer to the EMS. What else can I check to figure out if this sensor is pooched?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You might check whether the signal wire is ending up at the pin you think it is. Harness errors are rare, but it's happened. Beyond that, you should get in touch with us for further help.

cperry

Removed the transducer...blew through it...heard "click...click....whiiiiiizzzzzzzz". Plugged it back in, blew through it again...got a great reading on skyview. I guess after a few years of sitting around it got stuck. Love the taste of avgas. ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
One of the often-overlooked pieces of advice on the fuel flow sensor is to orient it such that the wire bundle exits "up". That advice is in there because there is a tiny vent on that side that must be pointed up to properly vent the occasional bubble that sometimes becomes trapped in the fuel flow transducer and degrades its performance.