Testing

Maurice Martin

Hello RVyers. I have just started on the flight testing of my RV9. Great day on the first flight much praise to Vans. A few niggles down to me but mainly faultless straight out of the tin. I have issues with the Dynon gear however - voice alerts -can they be turned off selectively. I have a problem with the backup batteries-there aren't any, I chose to fit a second standby alternator per Bob Nuckles wiring schemes in his Aeroelectric book instead. I asked Dynon about it since the screens shut down on startup then reactivate which is worrying for a few seconds waiting to see the oil pressure -All they say is buy some batteries.How predictable! I can live with the short interruption on the ground but the continuous word caution every minute in the headsets is a nuisance. Advice please.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

I have issues with the Dynon gear however - voice alerts -can they be turned off selectively. I have a problem with the backup batteries-there aren't any, I chose to fit a second standby alternator per Bob Nuckles wiring schemes in his Aeroelectric book instead.
RTFM for both. I believe that it's the "Local Display Menu" where you can tell it that you don't have a backup battery. And many of the voice alerts are configurable, although not all. I believe in the "System Setup" "Audio Setup" menu. Again, in the installation manual.