The latest update...

pborton

I love flying!
I updated to 7.0.1 yesterday and went flying this morning. When I turned the Skyview on today, I had a Pitch Err message. I shut it down and restarted it. Same message. Then I decided to move the stick fore and aft. While moving the stick, I could hear the servo clicking almost like the noise you'd hear when it's slipping. I pulled the breaker to the servos and the noise went away completely.

It seemed like the pitch servo was partially engaged with power to it and perfectly free without. Has anyone else experienced this?

pborton

I love flying!
I'm assuming that nobody else has seen this...should I try putting the previous firmware back on to see if the problem goes away?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Under SYSTEM SETUP > NETWORK SETUP > SYSTEM STATUS, do you see the servos, and are they running 7.0.1?

Also, try, with the autopilot servos receiving power, going to SYSTEM SETUP > NETWORK SETUP > FORCE NETWORK LOAD... to try to reload the software to the servos. Does that change anything?

pborton

I love flying!
I see the roll servo and its running 7.0.1, but the pitch servo is highlited in red. And showing offline.
Maybe pressing "detect" was a mistake, because now its gone from the list! With power to the servos, I still have what feels and sounds like a partially engaged servo even though its not detected.
Pulling the breaker gives me a roll error, as I would expect, and removes the resistance from the pitch servo.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It sounds like something is up with that servo. Get in touch with our technical support directly at 425-402-0433 or email them at support at dynonavionics dot com.