The MGL Radio

RanRan

I've designed my panel with a Skyview 10" and the MGL V10 radio.

Are the two a good match? The radio is very light weight - I figure that when Dynon comes out with their remote radio I could just leave the V10 in an go with two coms. But will the SV transfer airport radio addresses on command to this radio?

It is going to be a remote radio, right?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The SV radio will have a control head that goes on your panel. You want knobs for frequency and volume, and just trying to control this via the SkyView knobs would be a user interface nightmare.

We don't know if we can or will transfer anything to the MGL radio.

RanRan

OK, for planning purposes - what size hole? Or area to reserve on the panel? Very important.

Ron_B

At Sun n Fun , I was told it would be the same height as the Skyview screen , but no mention of the width. I don't know if they will have two faces , one for a 10" and another for a 7"?
Ron

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't have dimensions to release at this point, as it's still a project in heavy development. It will be shorter than a SkyView display, however.

jefvervoort

Hopefully it will fit in a 2 1/4 hole that I have made in my panel for the radio that I did not yet order.

RanRan

As soon as those dimensions are known - please let us know. Even approximate dimensions (+- half an inch) would be every helpful.