The New SkyView - Featuring SkyView Touch

hickej

I love flying!
I am blown away! I just received my touch screen upgrade and the WiFi dongle and I can't believe how well the system works. You guys are the best. I have a well thought out touch screen EFIS with the ability to instantly transfer flight plans from my iPad. The touch screen response is silky smooth and the human factors design is incredible. I can still use all the knob commands and augment with touch naturally. You guys are the Apple of the Avionics world! I'm not usually one to gush but you've got a fan here. Wow ;D

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Wait a minute, I thought I was number one on the upgrade to touch screen list! What gives here?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We are indeed slowly starting our trade-in program. We'd call what we're doing now our "pilot" phase. You may remember that there were two options on the form. One gets you a re-manufactured display for $800, the other a new one for $1600. We're starting with the $1600 batch as the logistics are slightly simpler here. I think I see you on the list, but not quite at the top. We definitely have you queued up though!

DonFromTX

I love flying!
OK, I am really not in that big of a hurry, just churning up the waters a bit. Nice to know that I am on the second list though.

swatson999

We are indeed slowly starting our trade-in program. We'd call what we're doing now our "pilot" phase. You may remember that there were two options on the form. One gets you a re-manufactured display for $800, the other a new one for $1600. We're starting with the $1600 batch as the logistics are slightly simpler here. I think I see you on the list, but not quite at the top. We definitely have you queued up though!

Any difference on warranty between the two options? And by "remanufactured", does that mean replacing the display on the unit that is sent in (and returning the same hardware back to user)? Or returning some randomly selected remanufactured unit (with new display)?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Answers to a bunch of FAQs are here - http://www.thenewskyview.com/touchtradein - but below is the relevant excerpt.

As for what you get back. It will be a different completely different unit, made from a mixture of new and reclaimed parts from previous trade-ins. There isn't a way to do the upgrade and keep "your hardware" without making it not work logistically. Frankly, much of the display is new. The bezel and can will be new. The LCD will be remanufactured. Many of the internal electronics will be new, but some won't be.

-----

DOES MY SV-D1000T COME WITH ANY NEW WARRANTY PROVISIONS?

If you choose the $800 trade-in towards a re-manufactured SV-D1000T display, your warranty will be the balance of your original display’s warranty or 1 year, whichever is longer.
If you choose the $1600 trade-in option towards a new SV-D1000T display, your warranty will be the full 3 years that new displays carry.