Timer

N941WR

When my timer expires, I simply restart it but to clear the warning message, I have to look at the warning.

Shouldn't the SV remove the warning when I restart the timer? After all, that is an acknowledgement.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bill,
Are we talking about count down timers or fuel timers?

In 10.0, on the count down timer, if you stop the timer, it does clear the message for you. I see that it doesn't clear the message if you press "LAST" while the timer is running. I'll put in a case to improve this.

jonjonjon4

I love flying!
I have Skyview in my RV-12. Present display is Hobbs Time. How do I rig Tach Time instead? Can I have both? How?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Page 7-64 of the install guide. You can have both.

Be aware that from what we know Rotax has stated that all maintenance on the 912 must be done on hobbs time, which is why the RV-12 setup doesn't ship with tach shown anywhere.

N941WR

Sorry for not being specific. I was talking about the countdown timer.

While you are putting in the case, can you add a “latch” to allow me to set the timer to start on engine startup? (I haven’t played with the fuel timers enough but that would be a great option for them as well.)

Bill

Bill,
Are we talking about count down timers or fuel timers?

In 10.0, on the count down timer, if you stop the timer, it does clear the message for you. I see that it doesn't clear the message if you press "LAST" while the timer is running. I'll put in a case to improve this.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It does sound like you need to play with the fuel timers some more.

The fuel timers start when you take off, automatically, and have since they were released in September. They can warn you every X minutes, or even better, every X gallons, since what you really want to know is imbalance, not just time.

The count up/down timers are really for IFR ops or other things that aren't fuel related. What are you using the timer for that you want it to start on engine start, if not for fuel? The more we know how it's used, the better we can implement a feature.

N941WR

Thanks for the tip. I just reread the manual and will play with it this weekend wherevi hope to fly 11 hours, if the weather is good.