Touch screen not working

skyboy999

I love flying!
SV-D1000T at 16.4.0

Touch screen has stopped working although buttons all work fine. I tried a 'touch test' but this failed at 'Step 4 of 7'- seems it couldn't sense the top left corner when tracking top R to top L. On retry, couldn't even initiate a touch test as 'tap screen' wouldn't detect'. Advice please.
Thanks

PaulSS

I love flying!
I write, not as any sort of expert, but as someone who had the same thing happen very recently on a brand new HDX. I'd spent some time setting up the various screens etc and had been on battery power, that was being trickle charged as I played. Lithium battery, so very low amp battery charger. The kit was drawing a bit more current than was going into the battery, so the battery voltage reduced a bit. I then had the touch screen problem. I took the aircraft from the hangar and ran the engine. The touch screen came good and has behaved it self ever since. I assume there is some sort of battery saving going on in the background and one of the first things to go may be the touch screen (since you can still use the buttons and knobs).

Yours may be something different entirely but, if the problem is on battery power, then try giving it some proper electrical juice with the engine running.

skyboy999

I love flying!
Update:
1. After power up, I get one touch- seemingly any widget so, hopefully, rules out a dead screen. After that, no further touches….
2. After flying for a while, so engine running and system at charge voltage, the touch seemed to all start working again.
3. Back on the ground, engine off though battery fully charged, not working again.

I’m wondering if it has something like a pen cell battery (like on old PCs) for retention and that needs replacing. Anybody have any ideas/Dynon? And, if so, if this can be replaced by user or local dealer- I want to avoid downtime associated with having to ship. At present can live with buttons!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There aren't any field-fixes for issues like these, and for what it's worth, there are no button-batteries or other consumable parts in SkyView displays.