Tracking glide slope

Solana

I love flying!
I have a Skyview HDX in an RV10. Flying 2 years, 250 hours.

Tuning the autopilot for reliable IMC flight seems elusive, sometimes I think I’ve got it, then not.

My main focus for now is tracking glide slope. The best I have ever done is half needle deflection on an approach. The worst is ignoring the glide slope altogether even though VNV has gone from armed to active! Both happened today.

HELP! I have downloaded diagnostic files if you want to look at them, Dynon support.

W

William_Ince

I have a Skyview HDX in an RV10.  Flying 2 years, 250 hours.

Tuning the autopilot for reliable IMC flight seems elusive, sometimes I think I’ve got it, then not.

My main focus for now is tracking glide slope.  The best I have ever done is half needle deflection on an approach.  The worst is ignoring the glide slope altogether even though VNV has gone from armed to active!  Both happened today.

HELP!  I have downloaded diagnostic files if you want to look at them, Dynon support.
I would start out by checking the pitch servo shear screw. Based upon what you are reporting, it may be sheared.

Solana

I love flying!
Thanks. I had the shear screw on both servos fail and have replaced them with the newer screws. That was a while ago, and I should check it just in case as you suggested.

Solana

I love flying!
Amazingly, it was not the shear screw. Still searching for the answer!