Traffic message

Jaysrv12

I love flying!
I frequently get TRAFFIC message and the target is me. I call it ghosting. What is the fix?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Please describe what your SkyView system consists of:
* Do you have a Dynon Avionics transponder?
* Do you have a Dynon Avionics SV-ADSB-470?
* What firmware is installed in your SkyView system?
* Where do you fly when you see the "ghosting"?

I frequently get TRAFFIC message and the target is me. I call it ghosting. What is the fix?

Jaysrv12

I love flying!
I should change my name to jays rv 8 that received an air worthiness certificate mar 11, 2016. Equipment is all dynon,
Sv adsb 470, s/n 2249; svd1000t s/n 21703; transponder sv 261, s/n 21703. Latest firmware has been installed :14. Plus.
Noticed the problem initially flying near mt. Vernon, wa. But since then it is frequent anywhere. The traffic warning will pop up and the indication is usually 00 with an arrow the same direction i am going and the spot is on me. Distracting from watching for real traffic out there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. On a separate issue, Mike Huff should be recognized for his excellent customer service in fixing my dynon transciever that failed on the first flight. All is well now on that issue.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Did you update your transponder when you installed v14? You have to do this manually from the transponder page.

Jaysrv12

I love flying!
Gee, I suppose that should have been obvious. I will try to find where that is supposed to occur and get back to you.