Transponder goes out - Skyview touch

LMH

My transponder quit providing altitude info and then just disappeared from ATC's screen yesterday, thankfully at the end of the flight. Taxied to the maintenance hangar, had the avionics mechanic look at it, couldn't make it fail, started working on the ground. Any ideas?

DBRV10

Interesting......

Download the diagnostic file and send it to Dynon. You can mention I have had this myself once. ATC lost the ALT data and no amount of recycling would change it. I blamed ATC.

May or may not be related.

Reactions: LMH

BobD

I love flying!
Thank you, I’ll do that.
Had the white cross of death intermittently appear in flights recently, and sent diagnostic file to Dynon. They said probably a serial connection fault. Spoke to Danny at Mendhelsson and he suggested looking at the serial port setup screen when it happened to see if TX & RX figures were incrementing. However, before I had a chance to do that, I had to remove the panel for another reason, and one of the bullet connectors from the two wire serial connectors fell apart in my hands. Not had a problem since firmly reseating it.

Reactions: LMH

LMH

Had the white cross of death intermittently appear in flights recently, and sent diagnostic file to Dynon. They said probably a serial connection fault. Spoke to Danny at Mendhelsson and he suggested looking at the serial port setup screen when it happened to see if TX & RX figures were incrementing. However, before I had a chance to do that, I had to remove the panel for another reason, and one of the bullet connectors from the two wire serial connectors fell apart in my hands. Not had a problem since firmly reseating it.
I

LMH

Thanks Bob. I’m taking the plane to maintenance tomorrow & have them pull the panel just to make sure all is well. In almost 4 years of ownership this is the first problem with the transponder.