Transponder not found

drmooney2

I love flying!
In the status line of the transponder setup routine I get a transponder not found message. I have aircraft power, pins 5 and 7 are continuous with pins 42 and 44 of the efis, ground is good, setup on serial port 3 is complete, any ideas? Servos, ems, both displays, GPS, all normal. The device discovery routine doesn't find the transponder.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So pins 5 and 7 should be going to one of the serial pairs, and SV only has 37 pins. So I'd start by double checking where those wires are actually going.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you're using serial port 3, they should be hooked up to pins 8 and 7 (for 5 and 7  on the xpndr, respectively).

Also, serial devices don't show up on the network configuration, but when things are working, you should see the TX and RX counters on the appropriate serial port setup going beserk (along with the good sentences counter).

drmooney2

I love flying!
I found the problem . pin 7 on the transponder has a shielded wire to pin 7 of the 1000. A small strand of the shield was contacting the data wire and grounding it out. So many hours on such a little thing.