Transponder Update

vonbaron1

I love flying!
I just updated my friends Skyview and all went well and I know the transponder needs to be update by itself. Where is the update or is it imbedded in the new 16.0.1 versions system software? In the setup, it shows, USA 91.227 Compliant, NO. The network status does not show the transponder device either.

cbennet12

AFAIK not every Skyview software update requires or includes a transponder update. If the Transponder Status Line is NOT yellow, there is no update required. Page 11-29 of the installation manual spells this out.

The ...Compliant, NO message is likely something else like not having a compliant GPS source or a configuration setting that needs to be corrected.

vonbaron1

I love flying!
AFAIK not every Skyview software update requires or includes a transponder update. If the Transponder Status Line is NOT yellow, there is no update required. Page 11-29 of the installation manual spells this out.

The ...Compliant, NO message is likely something else like not having a compliant GPS source or a configuration setting that needs to be corrected.
I did see the instruction saying that if all the wording is white, no update is needed. Thank You. The GPS is compliant as far as I know. It was working before the upgrade. I will have to look at the configuration closely again. Status.JPG

John Bright

"The network status does not show the transponder device either."

The transponder is not on the network, it's on a serial port from the EFIS D37 connector (multiple screens, if any, connected it parallel).

SETUP MENU > LOCAL DISPLAY SETUP > DISPLAY HARDWARE

vonbaron1

I love flying!
Ok, that helps and will check into it tomorrow. Good information here. Tks

djones

Administrator
Staff member
If it needs updated the status line in SETUP MENU > TRANSPONDER SETUP will be in yellow.
There will also be a LOAD button on the bottom buttons. Make sure the airplane is on a battery charger
or you have a full charged battery and follow the on screen instructions closely.

vonbaron1

I love flying!
There was no YELLOW type showing and I am using external power during the setup. I will be rechecking he configuration today to see what I can spot there. The second line of type in the transponder setup where it states COMPLIANT, NO is my concerns.

kellym

I love flying!
There was no YELLOW type showing and I am using external power during the setup. I will be rechecking he configuration today to see what I can spot there. The second line of type in the transponder setup where it states COMPLIANT, NO is my concerns.
It will answer No until the GPS source has a lock on enough satellites. It is normal to be no until you have the plane with a clear view of satellites.
Since I use a Garmin GPS for ADS-B location, it takes a minute or so after I start engine before the Dynon system sees that the Garmin has acquired sufficient satellites.

vonbaron1

I love flying!
Oh great and I will push it out to test that. I did find a update needed under "GPS FIX STATUS" which I updated. I did not see that buried in there. See attached. I will test outside next.

Attachments

• GPS fix Status.JPG
    GPS fix Status.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 156

swatson999

Oh great and I will push it out to test that. I did find a update needed under "GPS FIX STATUS" which I updated. I did not see that buried in there. See attached. I will test outside next.
Interestingly enough, the Installation Manual describes exactly this.
Updating SV-GPS-2020 Software
To verify and initiate a software update, go to Setup > Local Display Setup > GPS Fix Status. If one or more devices is determined to be out of date, the GPS Fix Status page will display an out of date message below the device identification and display help text directing the installer to enter the GPS fix status page and press the Load button.

vonbaron1

I love flying!
Yes, we did do the load button and it went through the process, so waiting to get it outside to see how it all works when it can see the sky. It did say successful, so it took.

vonbaron1

I love flying!
I finally got the bird outside and let it acquire the satellites and all was a success. Thanks to all for their suggestion for the cure. Now to see what I can do with my old D10A in my T-51 next.