Transponder

dstclair

I believe this was mentioned in another thread but I'd like to see a head unit for the Dynon ADS-B Transponder. Not necessary for Skyview installations but would allow us D100/D180 folks to upgrade. I don't know the typical config but I'd think a head unit that fit in Garmin 327 space would be ideal :) And assume the transponder itself would interface to the D100/D180 (like the 327) and take input from a GPS for ADS-B (Garmin 5/6/7 series, etc.).

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The transponder we sell is a partnership with Trig. They sell small transponders with a variety of different head units that would meet your needs. They happen to have built in encoders so no connection to the D100 is needed, but they are fully ADS-B out compliant and will hook to a certified GPS.

Jim_Lee

I love flying!
The Phoenix motorglider shuts down it's Skyview during extended soaring (several hours) to save battery power. But we want to be able to run the transponder. Can we use a remote Trig head on the panel to run it?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No. The Dynon and Trig transponders are actually different, and only SkyView can run the Dynon transponder. The SkyView must be on for it to work.