Trim Switch Source

timfwalsh01

I have the new AP control module which only requires two wires from the AP control module to the trim switch.

Most of the control modules come with a four wire hook up, not required.

Can anyone recommend a source for up/down Trim Switch source with only two leads?

Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Tim,
We need a bit more information about the switch you already have. Almost switch can be easily hooked to the AP control panel by just using only two of the wires. Most of the switches we're familiar with are either 2 wire or 6 wire, not four, hence the question.

timfwalsh01

Dynon,

The problem - I cannot find the brand name, and I do not have a wire diagram, and all the wires are white.  Trying to determine which wire does what, by process of elimination will take time.  Access to where the wires terminate are in a difficult place.

I fly a Velocity, and trim control is critical.

I was just hoping to purchase a two wire trim - which I really cannot find (Infinity Control Stick is a possibility, but more time consuming).  Hence my question.

Honestly, I was looking for the easy solution, and with full documentation.

I read the post about the runaway trim in flight - not pretty.  Thannks!! Tim

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Tim,
Panel mount? Stick mount?

Two switches (separate up/down) or one toggle switch?

Raymo

I love aviation!
I too installed the Infinity stick grips and love the military look.

Don't forget that you'll need trim relays unless you will be wiring through the Dynon AP panel, which handles the relay work for you, along with many other features.

Raymo

I love aviation!
Jake,

The Ray Allen site says they are required but I believe the OP will be installing the Dynon AP panel, so they won't.

http://www.rayallencompany.com/products/accessories.html