Triple screen for D-180??

az_gila

Is this layout possible?  If so, it would seem to maximize the potential of the single screen D-180...

D-180-triple.JPG

Excuse the crude graphics.... :D

Just wondering before a purchase.... :)

gil in Tucson

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This layout is not possible. You can only split the screen in a 2/3|1/3 format or 1/3|2/3 format.

az_gila

I know it's not possible now....
My question is...

Is it technologically feasible?

It it something you would consider for a future upgrade (a sw only upgrade, I would think)?

It seems to me that this would be an ideal "one screen" solution for most phases of flight.... no button pushing required...

That's why I posted it in the "Suggestions" folder..... :)

gil A

svanarts

If implemented it would sure give other low-cost EFIS's a run for their money. Would be a nice feature.

az_gila

I'd even pay more for it   :exclamation

You could call it a D-180 Plus...... :)

gil in Tucson

rowan

This would be ideal for me also. In the mean time, is it possible to have 2 smaller screens on the left of my panel (one an ADI, one an HSI) or one big screen with ADI/EMS and a smaller HSI? Cheers.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you purchase two EFIS-D10A's, one can be used as an EFIS, and the other an HSI. You also benefit from having two fully redundant sets of flight instruments.

For the latter scenario, a FlightDEK-D180 + EFIS-D10A would work well (and give you redundant EFISes). An EMS-D120 + EFIS-D10A would work as well.