Trouble with uploads to Savvyanalysis

Doug1

I love flying!
Hi
All
Anyone else having trouble uploading log files to Savvyanalysis?
I now get parser errors, even with previous files that used to work.
I have a ticket open with their support but the resolution seems to be taking a long time.
Doug

swatson999

Hi
All
Anyone else having trouble uploading log files to Savvyanalysis?
I now get parser errors, even with previous files that used to work.
I have a ticket open with their support but the resolution seems to be taking a long time.
Doug

This happened to me a few weeks ago, and it turned out they had updated their parser and it was failing. They fixed it within a day, but perhaps they've updated it again and are running into the same problem.

mmarien

Murray M.
I had trouble with a log I loaded into Excel and saved as an excel file. I saved it as CSV but it wasn't loading last time I tried. I lost the original file so I'm hooped I guess.

Doug1

I love flying!
Hi All
I have resolved the issue with Savvyanalysis errors.
The date-time field format was wrong causing the parser to fail.
Here is a summary
If you save the user log csv file to excel, it will convert many of the fields to what it thinks is an appropiate format, including the date time field. When resaved as a csv file, it will save the fields in the new format. Although leading pluses are removed from many fields, Savvyanalysis doesnt seem to mind but the date-time field has to be correct.

To overcome this either

Import the csv file to excel using the import feature, taking care to mark every column as “Text”

or

If the damage is already done, reformat the date time column with a custom format “yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss”
then save. The seconds part will all be zero if the file was saved incorrectly, but it doesn’t seem to bother Savvyanalysis which probably uses the system timestamp for the timeline.

Doug

swatson999

Or...upload to Savvy *first*, then work on a *copy* in Excel if you want. :)