Truble start up sv 1000

hufise

Hello, yesterday i had a funny start up. I have an RV-12 all in no ads-b flarm inteed, radio with extra wire. External power 13.9 V on batterie.
I powered up the start screen stand unusual long then i got a 'bang' vertical stripes colored, then the start sreen again one blue line normal and the system came up, all worked. After i shut the master off the sv was dark, hmmm i have backup batterie. I tried to start the sv with button one (leftmost) nothin happens. Ok i leave it i tried today with master off sv start with the backup batterie all worked except the vertical stripes they are present while starting. Is these the start to die?
Daniel Switzerland RV-12

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Every once in a while a system does not boot up exactly right and the system re-tries. This gives you the "bang" of vertical stripes. This can, in some cases lead to the backup battery not being active for that power cycle, so when you shut off, the system will not run on battery. The next power up should be normal.

The system booting showing vertical stripes shouldn't happen with any frequency. If your system is doing this consistently, I would keep an eye on it and maybe we need to look at it.

Have you checked if your unit is part of the lot of service bulletin units?

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/support_bulletin_030413.html