Twin Engine Monitoring

hmanvel

I just downloaded the new operation manual. If I understand it correctly, you require an individual Skyview display for each engine? I was hoping for both on one screen. I can't really see how this is any different; I could have had two screens each with an engine display in previous versions. Unless I'm missing something....

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Previous to SkyView 10, there could only be one EMS module in the SkyView system. If you wanted to monitor a second engine, you had to set up a second display and second EMS module that were not on the same network as the first EMS module. In that scenario the second display lost the ability to display flight data (unless you added a second ADAHRS module), did not contribute to redundancy, etc.

In SkyView 10, you connect everything to one SkyView network, and choose which EMS to monitor on which display.

I just downloaded the new operation manual.  If I understand it correctly, you require an individual Skyview display for each engine?  I was hoping for both on one screen.  I can't really see how this is any different; I could have had two screens each with an engine display in previous versions.  Unless I'm missing something....