Two 7" Skyviews...that's it

what-now-ski

Am I crazy to only install two Skyview's in my RV7. I plan on flying day/night VFR cross country and local flights? Any inputs are appreciated!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't think you're crazy ;) ! In any system that has Dynon as the sole flight instruments, we'd suggest looking at the backup ADAHRS option ($800), which gets you full redundancy on all of the flight instruments. Not a hard requirement, but we've priced that 2nd ADAHRS cheaper to help make the redundancy decision easier. Right this second, note that the moving map software and autopilot features aren't yet available, but we'll have them out this year (no scheduled dates yet).

RudiGreyling

No your not crazy, I got 2 screens older dynons in my VFR RV7. It is great for the passenger and co-pilot alike, they don't have to watch cross cocpit the whole time. The extra screen real estate comes in handy too when flying far x-countries, you put everything exactly where you want it.

There is no substitute for screen real-estate on your panel ;-)

rv_final_10.jpg

legacy

Rudi...   Nice Job, looks great.  I fly the Airbus for the money needed to fly my Legacy.  I boost about only having one round gauge in the Legacy (the oxygen bottle) and the newest Airbus has no gauges in the cockpit anymore.  The last to go in the 'Bus' was the backup attitude and RMI, its now all glass.  I fly my Legacy IFR/VFR Day/Night with a Dynon SkyView on bus two (w/bu battery), Trutrak Sourssor (internal gyro) on bus two and Chelton Flight System on bus one with alt bus two.  Works great, last long time.. Mike Larkin

RudiGreyling

Is that AV-Map in a dock or is it mounted some other way?? Looks nice.
Steve

Steve, no dock, just a big hole and then you use the lap mount they send you in the box, put 2 L angles on the side of the the lap mount, then sandwich the panel between the Avmap and the lap mount bracket. I know I was concerned about it only being velcro'ed together with panel in between, but I do Aeros in my RV and have pulled 4.5G's and it is still intact.

Great thing is you can still remove it if required, cause I have a tip up canopy so it is easy to get to the back of the unit.

PS: With a Skyview I don't see the need for the BIG AVMAP unit any more. I plan for my new airplane 2 x skyview and a small removable handheld GPS. I like the new Garmin Aera cuase you can use it for road use at your holiday destination while traveling in the car.