UK Configuration of Skyview, Garmin and Traffic

mike_newall

Gents,

I have a system in build her in the UK.

Skyview

Garmin 695 (Skyview/Jeppesen mapping not as good in Europe)

Garmin GTR225

PS3000A Intercom

I would like to have the following and wonder if I need any other add ons. Yes, I have looked through the Wiki and FAQ's.

1. I would like to display traffic on either or both the Skyview / Garmin.

2. I would like to have audio GPWS alerts - is this only possible via the Garmin ? If so - how does the Garmin output the information - data out or via the audio jack ?

3. I would like to put a route into the Garmin and then fly it on the Dynon autopilot - is that possible ?

Thanks

M

jselesi1

Trev,

Very similar configuration. Skyview, Garmin 695, GNC 255. Before bother you with details, would you please to give us a short hints like connection types, features you have.

Thank you in advance.

trevpond

Hi Jos,

Mine is configured to the specs in the installation manual. I have a ZAON XRX set up which displays traffic on both Skyview and the 695.

regards

Trev ;D

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You should really look at using PocketFMS instead of Jeppesen as well. I think you'd find SkyView to be superior to a 696 with this data on board, and we'd be happy to give you some screenshots of your area if you are wondering what information SkyView would have.

There is very little data the 696 has that SkyView doesn't. The 696 data comes from Jeppesen as well...

But to answer your questions:

1) You need a traffic receiver to do this. We support quite a few, and they all have different capabilities.

3) You can absolutely put a flight plan in your 696 and have the Dynon SkyView Autopilot follow it.

mmarien

Murray M.
1. I would like to display traffic on either or both the Skyview / Garmin.
Any serial TX can be connected to several RX lines. My ZAON sends traffic to both my Skyview and GPS495. The GPS495 sends VHF data to the iCOM A210 plus NMEA data to the Skyview and the second RX on the GTX327 (not shown). The GTX gets the GPS ground speed from the NMEA message to determine when the aircraft is flying and changes from STBY to ALT for those times I forget. The sketch shows a partial view of the wiring diagram. The D37 is Skyview.

Serial.jpg

mike_newall

Gents,

Thanks for the replies - I made the error of not asking for reply prompts.

Will be in touch Trev.

Mike