UK DYNON CUSTOMERS.

Butt

Hi Guys,
just want to know where Uk based customers are ordering their dynon items from as they don't seem to accept international cards ( struggling to understand why)? Want to buy some headstart, items and just found out the costs involved with transfering the funds is actally more than the item costs and cheques will take a i think about a month to clear when sent international. C'mon dynon why complicate the process for your international cutomers?

regards

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't take credit cards for international orders because they are much harder to screen for fraud. Some of the fraud-prevention mechanisms available with credit cards aren't available outside of the US. Additionally, 100% of the fraudulent orders that have ever bitten us have originated from outside the US.

We do have a dealer in the UK who may be able to help locally - http://www.aviationpartssupplies.com/

Owl-Eagle

It is a pitty that you don't take credit card, Visa Master card Etc... for foreign customer.
Aviationpartssuplly in UK sell the OAT probe Nr 100433-001 at a price of 85.85 £ tax included, that is equivalent to 169 US $ + of course shipping.
Compare it to your price out of US and you will see immediately that something is going wrong. An Efis D10A is at a price of 2163.90£, that is 4254.01 US$ it is a shame.
Why not find a good solution for your foreign customer, may be you can use PayPal or an other good solution. But I don't want to be swindle out of my money by this kind of company. :mad:
An answer on this matter will be appreciated.
Francis.

DaveJnr

The situation for us in the UK is not very rosy that is for sure. We managed to get our Dynon displays from the manufacturer of our kit aircraft in the Czech Republic.
Alternatives might be a company based at Lasham, there website is http://www.aircraftpartsmart.com/dynon_avionics.htm Although I have no idea if they do the full product line. Another suggestion, might be to order via one of the UK agents for Aircraft Spruce. I bought the OAT sender via LAS Aerospace for exactly the same reason as you mention.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Note that we DO accept direct orders for international customers, but do require a cleared wire transfer, or a bank check drawn from a US bank.

Also, keep in mind that there are substantial international shipping costs, and potentially import taxes/duties that need to be paid on incoming goods.

Owl-Eagle

Well,
You sale the OAT at 65 $ that is 33.06 £. The uk company sale it at 85.85£ + shipping. :mad:
I prefer for that price and for the weight to have it shipped directly from US, that will be anyway much much cheaper. For that small amont of dollars, I will have sometime no tax to pay. :D
Even with the shipping cost, you price are really more competitive.

DaveJnr

I really do suggest that you have a look at the Dynon products that LAS aerospace can offer you in the UK. I recently bought the OAT probe from them for around £45. For us it was the conveniance of dealing with a UK supplier.
Do keep in mind what you are going to do if the worst comes to the worst and you need to return a unit for repair (as we are currently having to deal with). You would not believe the hassle with couriers and with the UK customs people we are dealing with just to return a unit to Dynon.
I am not trying to advertise any particular UK supplier but I am just highlighting the many pitfalls with going it alone. A few extra pounds (OK so a good few extra pounds ) for dealing with a local goes a very long way in my book

thebora

I guess that Owl-Eagle has not bothered to contact A.P.S at Lasham UK. Had he done so he would have been informed that the information that he is relating to, is somewhat incorrect.
If he has viewed our website he has suffered from lack of up to date infomation due to our web provider switching servers and not establishing a new URL. This has now been corrected and following my short vacation next week the web site will be updated.
Why did Owl-Eagle not contact A.P.S., as many other very satisfied UK and European custmers have done?
The last 100433-000 that we sold outside of a package was in May 2007 at a price of UK £42.70 + UK domestic postage + VAT. A prior sale during March 2007 was at UK £43.37 + + .
Where do you get UK £85.85 from? Your exchange rate is £1/$1.996. Try getting VISA to apply this rate, they also charge 3.75% on top in the USA.

We know from our marketing research, our selling prices are equal to or better that the US $ sourced prices within the USA. We add a miserly percentage on to cover import freight, insurance, clearance charges and exchange rate charges. If Owl-Eagle can cover all of the unavoidable overages, at less than 7%, please be my advisor.

To all of the other U.K. Dynon product admirers, please, look before you leap and contact Aviation Parts Supplies who will provide helpfull information free and a very good price along with personal product back up locally.

thebora

Many of the UK Dynon customers buy from Aviation Parts Supplies at Lasham Airfield. Some purchase them in the USA from Dynon distributor outlets and then tuck them into their suitcase and pray that Customs do not pull them over.
The USA market source is OK until there is a problem. It then becomes expensive shipping back to the supplier or to Dynon for repairs.
Aviation Parts Suplies offer a free, warranty returns to Dynon policy, for any Dynon product that is purchased from them. In the first instance we try to rectify the problem locally.

We are available Monday to Friday 08.30 to 16.45 and open for demonstrations by arrangement. Call 01256 381919, Fax 01256 381645. E-mail bhoward@apsparts.co.uk (on vacation now thru to 19 March 08) lisa@aviationpartssupplies.co.uk.

Owl-Eagle

Hello Thebora,
Look at this lnk and look at the OAT P/N 100433-01, and you will see that I am not joking!
http://www.aviationpartssupplies.com/cgi-bin/shop/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F1029844&rnd=8781651&rrc=N&affl=&cip=81.247.37.139&act=&aff=&pg=cat&ref=Instruments

thebora

Owl-Eagle you are not reading that which I have keyed. THE WEBSITE PRICES ARE NOT CORRECT!! They refer to prices when we first started to market Dynon products with a minmal Dynon offerred discount and the £/$ rate was down the bottom of the well. The prices will be corrected as soon as I return from vacation next week. We sell as vast volume of Dynon products in the UK and Europe, as our current prices are very competative.
I would invite you to call me at the office on 01256 381919 on Monday 10th., but at that time I will be in the sun. You are most welcome to call on Monday the 17th. and I will give you a personal rundown of our selling prices across the complete range of the Dynon product line.
For you and Dave Jnr, Aviation Parts Supplies has a current stock range of all of the Dynon instruments at Lasham, along with the fast moving harnesses and accessories. We supply off of the shelf and not two weeks down the line.
For you, I will advise that the price of the 100433-001 OAT probe is UK £35.63 + UK postage + VAT @ 17.5%, if you purchased it from A.P.S. today.
Talk to me when I return from my hols.

Butt

I wholly agree with owl-eagle! Its not my intention to fan the flames here but i have dealt with APS( aviationparts supply), dynon's UK agent and their prices are inflated. Quite frankly, i excercised my right not to order anything whether dynon or aircraft spruce via them because for what i paid for the items from them, it would have been much,much cheaper actually ordering directly from dynon,spruce or a US dynon agent. This is even after adding VAT and postage. But hey, they are running a business, nothing personal. ::)

regards

Owl-Eagle

Ok this is the last post from me for this topics.
Tks to Thebora for the straight answer, I think I will have to wait a little bit before ordering to A.P.S, I will give them the necessary time to update their price list.
Again tks to all of you to have paticipate to this topics and sorry for the flames. :-/
Regards Francis.

Thomas_Schaad

I helped a friend of mine, who is running a leading avionics shop in my country to become Dynon dealer. I think a main problem here is what a reseller can earn with seeling the stuff. My friend sells the Dynons basically just as a service to the customer, but not for making a business. While commisions for brands as Garmin, Honeywell and others are between 20% to 40%, the ones Dynon gives to it's resellers is another story.

If a reseller wants to grant a service as he is normally providing on Gramins, Honeywells etc. he simply can't sell it for the price we can get it, when ordering right from Dynon. Otherwise he has to increase the price, what obviously happens here in the UK.

Sure, we all would pay for this commision if Dynon would give more to it's resellers, as Dynon probably would need to go up with the prices as well, in order to leave something more to it's resellers.

So, I think the situation isn't that bad for us customers as it may look at a first glance. If somebody wants to buy with a kind of "full service" incl. warranty return etc. he just has to go trough a company as the one mentioned in the UK, but there he will need to pay for the service as well. If somebody takes the risk - as probably most of us do - to ship it back on it's own expenses if it breaks, then order it right from Dynon or trough a company as the one of my friend, who is happy to give you a kind of limited support as well.

Kind regards

Thomas ;)