UL Power fuel consumption

ned

I love flying!
When I set up Dynon EMS about 4 years ago, the only digital solution for fuel usage was was injector pulse.
Now that Dynon can interpret data for RotaxIS is there a way now to interpret from UL Power ECU the pulse/liter
data stream which would be mostly accurate at all power levels?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We currently have support for some generic CAN bus interface labels, but I don't believe that that is currently compatible with the UL Power ECU. I'll check up on that though.

ned

I love flying!
That would be appreciated as I will have my avionics bay opened up next week installing the dynon AP knob panels. Would be a good time to change the wiring if necessary.
Thank you

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So I've gotten some more info from our engineering team. The UL Power ECU interface is getting there, but it isn't quite ready for prime time. Many labels are working and show up fine in our testing, but there is still more to get hooked up (including fuel flow, among them). That said, UL is becoming more and more popular, so we're working directly with them on it. We can't promise a date at this point, though.

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
I understand that there is no date available for this additional functionality to get information from the UL Power ECU. But is some information already available, like for instance what interface would be used to connect the UL Power ECU to the Dynon system. And maybe more important is this something I could plan for in my Dynon wiring that is currently easily accessible? Or at least leave the interface that Dynon is planning to use free for this purpose?