ul260i warning light question

spudlyhallam

I love flying!
Hi there,
I am retro fitting a ul260i to my twister and as a part of my pain I am fitting the excellent skyview but I have a question that I cant find the answer for in the manual.
The ul260i has a waring light that is wired to a led and the ul signal is via the ground ie the led is connected to 12v and the fadec on the engine provides the ground to illum the led as a warning light.
I would like to have the warning light on the skyview anyone got an idea wether it is possible and to which pin?
Thanks for any advise :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi there,
I am retro fitting a ul260i to my twister and as a part of my pain I am fitting the excellent skyview but I have a question that I cant find the answer for in the manual.
The ul260i has a waring light that is wired to a led and the ul signal is via the ground ie the led is connected to 12v and the fadec on the engine provides the ground to illum the led as a warning light.
I would like to have the warning light on the skyview anyone got an idea wether it is possible and to which pin?
Thanks for any advise  :)

Do you want to duplicate the LED warning indication on the SkyView?
Or do you want to REPLACE the LED warning indication with an indicator on the SkyView?

mmarien

Murray M.
I assume that you just want to have Skyview display a warning and eliminate the LED. I did that with my ECU. The ECU grounds the wire when there is an error the same as your FADEC computer.

You can use any general purpose pin on the EMS. See list of pins on page 7-7. Use a contact widget. See Contacts on page 7-50.

spudlyhallam

I love flying!
thanks guys
I am replacing the led with the skyview widget.
as always it it good to get some help and advise :)

spudlyhallam

I love flying!
This is what the manual says
Use the white/red colour wire.
• Install a LED in the cockpit (maximum 2 watt).
• Connect one side to “+”
• Connect the other side to the white/red wire
When the engine works correctly, the LED doesn‘t light up.

But it doesnt seem to work on the dynon
Anyone give me a clue how to achieve this and I will double check on my system.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's still not clear to me what you're after.

Are you trying to use SkyView to annunciate, on screen, the status of your ECU? This wouldn't involve a physical LED, and you'd need to configure the appropriate pin as a contact correctly before your on-screen annunciation worked.

Or are you trying to actually use an LED connected to your ECU? In this case, SkyView wouldn't be involved at all.

spudlyhallam

I love flying!
Ok all sorted now
To explain I have replaced the led light with a contact widget on the dynon
The problem was I believed the output was 5v so set the switch at that but using the diagnostic part of the dynon the output was 4.98 volts so I lowered the value to 4v on the widget and all works perfectly
So on to the next issue,
To out into perspective I have installed the whole system and this was the only problem! Excellent stuff dynon
:)