UL260isa ??

spudlyhallam

I love flying!
Is there anyone out there that has one of the ul engines with a skyview system?? I am just setting up the config and it would be good to exchange info.
I have one question the ECU has a warning light that illuminates when it detects a problem I have wired it to one of the GP inputs but the ecu uses ground as a signal instead of sending a voltage. I have set up a widget but I am being a bit stupid because I am uncertain of what voltage to put in the config part. I have set it up a a bulb with one range but cant get it to work. Any ideas?

Would setting it up as per page 7-53 do it? :-?

If there is anyone out there with a ul260 it would be good to exchange info :)

mmarien

Murray M.
Ground is what you want. I connected my ECU that way.

Skyview puts a voltage on the line. This would be the OK (open) signal (2-5V). When there is an error the ECU grounds the wire and Skyview would see 0V, or 0-2V. This would be the ERROR (closed) signal.

To use a bulb, you have to run a live wire (+12V) to the bulb and then connect the bulb ground wire to the ECU. When the ECU has an error it grounds the wire which closes the circuit and the bulb comes on.

This is the standard way of handling it. The ECU doesn't care if it's a +12V bulb or +5V Skyview on the other end. It just provides ground in an error condition. Check Contacts in the latest Skyview Installation manual on pages 7-53 and 7-60

Good choice of engine. ;)

alschief

I have a 260Is installed in an RV12. We have been flying since July 2012. Be glad to share or help.

Al Smith
alsmith@olemac.net
:)