Update Did Not Load Onto Both Screens

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
I have two SV1000 displays and today I updated the system software and I made sure that both screens and other network devices were all powered.

After the update the second screen said "Software Mismatch".

I seem to recall that if one display is updated then the other display should also update however this time it did not.

The Installation Manual says "Insert the USB flash drive into one of the display’s USB sockets" so does that mean "insert the USB into one of the sockets on the one display" or "Insert the USB into one of the sockets of either display"?

I guess the bottom line is I need to know if I the system is supposed to update all items on the network (including the second display) or do I need to update both displays?

THANKS!!!

jakej

My method is to update each screen independently, with the other one powered off, then do a system configuration- works for me ;)

kellym

I love flying!
I have two SV1000 displays and today I updated the system software and I made sure that both screens and other network devices were all powered.

After the update the second screen said "Software Mismatch".

I seem to recall that if one display is updated then the other display should also update however this time it did not.

The Installation Manual says "Insert the USB flash drive into one of the display’s USB sockets" so does that mean "insert the USB into one of the sockets on the one display" or "Insert the USB into one of the sockets of either display"?

I guess the bottom line is I need to know if I the system is supposed to update all items on the network (including the second display) or do I need to
update both displays?

THANKS!!!
You need to perform the update to both screens. You will get the exact results you report if you only do the update to one screen.
Only on navdata updates will the system update both and synchronize the database. It does not do that with firmware updates.

GalinHdz

I guess the bottom line is I need to know if I the system is supposed to update all items on the network (including the second display) or do I need to update both displays?

THANKS!!!
The DYNON Installation guide (Rev AD, page 1-6, para12) specifically states: "Software on each SkyView display must be updated individually."

:cool: