Update on CHT & EGT jumping when I press the PTT

mmarien

Murray M.
This was discussed in other threads without a solution. Just as a note, my analog gauges did the same thing before I installed Skyview. A couple of years ago I replaced all the panel wiring with the Skyview update and have the same problem. I'm giving it another try with the upgrade to VP-X and pay better attention to grounding and separation of the coax cables. Hard to do in a Glasair as all the cabling goes through the center console.

Just a quick question for Jake. He mentioned once about grounding the Skyview case with a braided strap.

http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=search2

I was going to ground all the avionics cases. Should these all be separate grounds or can the cases all be strapped together and grounded as one? It's always recommended to ground the avionics up stream from the rest of the grounds. Is this the same with the cases.

jakej

I'd strap them together as one & ground to same point as avionics - no guarantees that it will make a difference but that's what I do as it's too hard to do later in the Glasair.

Hopefully you guys will have sorted it all out before I install the SV's into my Glasair ;D

Jake J

mmarien

Murray M.
Thanks Jake. I'll give that a try.

I made my panel removable with just a couple of plugs so that I could work behind it. I put all the panel connections on VP-X J2 and J8 plus one other plug. Panel is removable in about 15-20 minutes. If you're doing an upgrade it's worth the effort.

jakej

Thanks Jake. I'll give that a try.

I made my panel removable with just a couple of plugs so that I could work behind it. I put all the panel connections on VP-X J2 and J8 plus one other plug. Panel is removable in about 15-20 minutes. If you're doing an upgrade it's worth the effort.

I agree re VP-X, a much more cost effective and neater system plus you have many other inbuilt features that you wouldn't get by just using circuit breakers AND extra panel space as the VP-X is remote mounted. Most of the installations I do now have them. ;)

Jake J