updated firmware to 5.2 and now DSAB doesn't work.

sstearns2

I have an HS-34, D-100, and D-180. They were all communicating via the DSAB perfectly. Then the D-180 would not power up. It would just power up to the blue screen and then shut down over and over. I sent it in and it was fixed and updated to the newest software. I reinstalled it and updated the HS34 and D100 to the newest software.

Now the DSAB won't work. The D-100 and D-180 work fine, but will only see themselves and the HS-34 will not function at all. I can't even get the software update program to see the HS-34.

One possible issue is that I updated the D100 with the HS-34 powered. Would that mess things up? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Re: updated firmware to 5.2 and now DSAB doesn't w

You probably just need to re-do DSAB configuration. Sounds like they are all working fine, they are just not networked.

Updating the D100 with the HS34 won't cause any issues.

sstearns2

I've redone the DSAB configuration a bunch of times and the D-100 and D-180 will only see themselves and I can get the HS-34 to respond at all.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

Did you actually update the HS34 by itself (it is not updated through the D100 or D100, in contrast to the AP74)? And what version of firmware were you coming from? Is the HS34 all lit up or dark (should be lit up if powered up and working but not on DSAB)?

sstearns2

I updated the HS-34 by itself and the update was successful. I think the last version was 4.0, about 1.5 years ago.

After I updated the HS-34 I updated the D-100 with the HS-34 still powered up. I don't know if updating the D-100 with the HS-34 powered may have caused a problem.

I then updated the D-180 with the HS-34 and D-100 unpowered. All the updates were successful according to the updating software.

I now can't get the HS-34 to respond at all, no lights and the updating software doesn't see it. Also the D-180 and D-100 will not see eachother or the HS-34 across the DSAB, but function normally aside from that.

Any ideas?? Everything worked perfectly before the D-180 had it's start up problem.

Thanks,
Scott

skysailor

With no lights on the HS 34 it sounds like it may not be receiving power. Any chance you had a pin pull or wire break? If the HS 34 is on it's own fuse/breaker that might also be worth a quick look. I am sure Dynon will chime in but my understanding is the unit will light up when given power even if not configured.

sstearns2

With no lights on the HS 34 it sounds like it may not be receiving power. Any chance you had a pin pull or wire break? If the HS 34 is on it's own fuse/breaker that might also be worth a quick look. I am sure Dynon will chime in but my understanding is the unit will light up when given power even if not configured.

I have the HS-34, D-100, and D-180 wired so I don't have to disconnect anything to do the updates. I ran the serial connections to a separate plug under the panel.

The HS-34, D-100 and D-180 were all communicating over the DSAB before the update, but after the update the HS-34 totally dead and the D-100 and D-180 are not communicating. The wiring and connectors were never touched.

I have since unplugged the connector to check for power and ground and the pins look good.

I think it's software related since the D-100 and D-180 will not communicate after the update either. I may try updating the D-100 and D-180 back to the old software version and see if they will communicate with eachother over the DSAB. I'm not sure what I can do with the HS-34.

Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

Scott, all I can think of is that the software on the HS34 got corrupted somehow during the load. It's feasible that this would cause it to make noise on the DSAB lines and prevent the D100/D180 from communicating.

Best thing to try is to unplug the HS34 and see if the D100/D180 will talk. If they will, I'd say the HS34 needs to come back to us for repair. You can try re-updating it with your PC, but chances are slim this will work.

If unplugging it doesn't fix the D100/D180, then let's focus there first and see if they are somehow harassing the HS34 ;)

sstearns2

Okay... I'll try that tommorrow....

Scott

Just to update the thread. The D-100 and D-180 will see eachother with the HS-34 disconnected. So we're assuming the there's a problem with the HS-34 and it's on the way back to the factory.

I still think updating the D-100 with the HS-34 powered caused some kind of problem.

Curious to see what they find with the HS-34...

Cheers,
Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

We'll let you know what is up, but updating a D100 with the HS34 connected and powered doesn't cause any issues.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

Yes, they just got done repairing it and it should be on the way back to you shortly (likely shipping tomorrow).

sstearns2

Yes, they just got done repairing it and it should be on the way back to you shortly (likely shipping tomorrow).

That's great. What was wrong with it?

Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

The processor inside the HS34 was not working and was replaced. No obvious reason why this occured.