upgrade issues

davestephens

just upgraded my Skyview and I am getting a warning about my coms being offline? How do I get rid of this message?
Also (I am probably being stupid) but its saying a battery test is required, but I read the instructions about powering it off of its back up battery and pushing the test button, but after flying the other day I switched the master off and then tried to do the battery test but I could not find the battery test button??

Dave

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
What's the exact error message you're seeing? What you're describing doesn't match any of the errors which come to mind.

While the system is counting down from 30 after you flip the master off, TEST BAT should be on button 8.

davestephens

sorry for delay, been on holiday

its a yellow caution box when opened it says
com radio panel offline

Dave

aguiraf

Check the thread "Battery". I have reported my issues in relatio to the battery test. It may help your problem.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You should only be able to see that error if you have our COM radio installed. You're not one of the couple of people that are testing an early version, are you? Else, do you have a non-Dynon com radio set up in your serial port setup? And what is the "displayed COM" set to in the setup menu as well?

davestephens

I am not aware of having an early one?
in displayed com it says "none"
I have a garmin sl40 but not sure if it is connected in any way?

I have tried doing battery tests but the screen goes blank after a couple of mins.
I flew for 2.5 hours today then did a batt test and left it running as I had to go, it was reading 10.40v after 30 seconds when I left

also the "single ADHARS" that is on the PFD completely covers the slip ball?

Dave

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So if the battery test will start, and it only lasts a few minutes, that suggests that your battery needs replacement. Get in touch with our technical support staff about this.

The Single ADAHRS message means that you have multiple ADAHRS installled and configured, but only one is talking to the system. This means that the other one is either offline, or if you don't have a second ADAHRS, that a second one was at one time connected to your system but now isn't anymore (and the system wasn't reconfigured after it was removed). On the 40% page only, that message overlays the ball, but it's still visible.

On the radio, you need to review your serial port settings for the radio and also the "displayed COM" settings. Get in touch with our technical support staff if you need further help with this.

Orf

Re: Loading terrain data

I have just loaded the terrain data for the south pacific area. It loaded correctly on the Skyview but is absent from its mate in front of the co-pilot.
I also loaded various maps and they loaded onto both Skyviews.
How do I get the terrain data that is now loaded on one Skyview to load onto the other?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Because of its large size, terrain files aren't sync'd between displays. You'll need to load it on the other display from the USB stick.

Orf

Because of its large size, terrain files aren't sync'd between displays. You'll need to load it on the other display from the USB stick.

I just tried that and the other display will not allow file downloads. What other avenues are open to me?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What do you mean it will not allow file downloads?

There is only one way to put terrain on a SkyView, which is the same way you put it on the first one. Go into the LOAD FILES menu and select the .DUP for the terrain. You can use the same USB stick from your first screen.

PeterBain

I Live in South Africa.
Therefore i load Method 2...Correct?
When i load i go 7+8 then SETUP-SYSTEM SOFTWARE-LOAD FILES (NOT UPDATE TO SOFTWARE VERSION)
Is that correct?
I can remember what the last update was that i uploaded 5.1 maybe!
Does it matter?
Is it safe to load ??

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yes. Use method 2.

When SkyView sees the actual 7.0 software update on the stick, it will offer the "update to software version..." option, and you can use it. For all of the other databases, you need to use the "load files..." option to load them individually.

You can go from any version to the latest version, no problem!