Upgrade to HDX from Skyview Classic

GaryK

I love flying!
I'm planning to upgrade my dual Skyview Classic screens to HDX. Can someone point me in the right direction as to the step by step process. Do I need to save all the current setting and reload them or is it truly plug and play. I wan't sure if I could replace them one at a time and have the Classic update the first HDX and then install the second?

Any help and reference to the documentation would be great.

Thanks
Gary

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
Export your Classic settings file. Install both new screens. Import the settings file.
You will need to build the lower Engine bar portion to use that display. I just copied from the picture in the manual for the layout, and then customized to my taste from there.
Everything else transfers very well. You will also need to drill and install platenuts for the lower mounting holes. I used the new screens as a guide with a transfer punch for accuracy. Easy to get the holes perfect that way. I sold my old screens too, so very happy I upgraded. The new screens are faster during software updates, so more processing power. The menu and button changes will take some getting used to though.