Using an iPad as a repeater screen for the HDX?

d3mac123

That is not correct. Dynon's glide ring is offset for the calculated winds at the aircraft's altitude. See the first screenshot in this post below. Note the offset glide ring and the winds on the PFD. But Dynon's glide ring does not take into account the terrain, as does ForeFlight for example, as also shown in that post.

You are right. I meant terrain consideration, not wind. But, again, Advanced has it right. Why not to use the same calculation at least?

Rhino

Could we take this discussion into that other thread, please? It gets confusing when you put different topics into one thread that is titled for one topic only, especially for newbies and guests. :)

Bomar

I love flying!
Many years ago, I attended a Skyview training class that was conducted by Dynon. The instructor had an SV-D1000 that was connected to a video projector so the students could see his Skyview display. I was curious how the SV-D1000 was providing a video signal to the projector and wondered if this could be a way to display Skyview on an inexpensive LCD panel for the backseat passenger in my RV8 project.

I took a close look at the instructor’s SV-D1000 and saw that the video projector was plugged into a VGA connector that was part of the wiring harness connected to the DB37.

I looked up the pinout for the Skyview DB37 connector. There were no pins labeled “video out”, but there were many pins labeled “Do Not Connect”. Could there be VGA output lurking amongst these unknown pins?

Maybe if we ask nicely, someone at Dynon might be willing to tell us how it’s done … please ? 🙂

vlittle

No headway has been made on an app, because Dynon isn't working on an app. Or at least, they haven't indicated they are, and I seriously doubt they are. Airspeed data can indeed be exported via wifi, as vlittle noted, but using it elsewhere is dependent on the device or app receiving the data. Dynon has no control over that, and I'm not aware of any third parties working toward anything like that. Apps for iPads are even more constrained by the tight control Apple maintains over iOS app development. It helps with stability, but severely hampers development, much like FAA certification hampers GA aircraft development. If you want to read an airspeed indicator in the rear cockpit, you're likely limited to another Skyview, a different hardware solution entirely, or implementing what vlittle displayed, a homebrewed solution.
Ouch! The huVVer-AVI displays that we developed are not 'homebrew’ devices. They were developed specifically to provide sunlight-readible displays for the OnSpeed advanced angle of attack systems, which won the Oshkosh 2021 Grand Championship award for flight safety. In addition to the OnSpeed energy display, the displays include all common flight instruments and selected engine instruments, plus a tailBeaconX control head. Most of the software is 'open source', available to anyone. The hardware is available from MakerPlane (with preloaded software).

I am an EE with over 40 years in electronics product development, and 10 US Patents. My development partner is an ME, with an aerospace background and expertise in consumer electronics packaging and industrial design.

I live near Victoria, BC, the home of the 'brewpub'. So homebrew means something entirely different to me…

Vern

Reactions: Bc6

Rhino

No offense, Vern. The term is commonly used for equipment developed and marketed by those not considered 'mainstream' vendors. I'm aware of your reputation. That's why I recommend you to others. So it was by no means a negative reflection on you.