V12 crash/reboot after user data log export

bobl_51

I love flying!
Installed V12 today. After install, I exported my user data logs to USB stick, intending to clear them after that. After the export, the Skyview crashed and rebooted. Never got the export complete message.
It's repeatable.
I cleared the log and tried again. Same results.

And I always thought that clearing the log on one display, clears the logs from the system. That does not appear to be the case. With the log cleared via the left display, exporting the log from the right display still exports MB's of data.

I'm in the habit of clearing the logs after exporting, because I like to review the flight in SavvyAnalysis. Without clearing them, you end up with multiple copies of the same flights logged in Savvy. Can you confirm that the logs are independent on each display and need to be cleared separately?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Datalogs are independent, and clearing one does not clear the other.

The crash on export is of course worrysome. We'll want to work with you on solving that. Does the USB stick have enough space?

If you can, please export a Dynon Diagnostic File (which will be a ZIP now in V12) and on Monday we can tell you how to send it to us.

bobl_51

I love flying!
I've verified it still happens after clearing the logs on each display. Stick has GB's of free space. I've collected the logs and diagnostic file from each display -- let me know if you still want me to upload them.

preid

Support
Since I pretty much load data files after every flight, please advise once you determine where the issue is. My upgrade is pending this review.
Thank you!!

60av8tor

Support
Since I pretty much load data files after every flight, please advise once you determine where the issue is. My upgrade is pending this review.
Thank you!!

I download after every flight as well. I was hesitant to upgrade, but did against my better judgement ::). I'm happy to say the only changes I noticed were the database taking a bit longer to load at boot up - not a big deal, and the user data logs downloading much faster after the flight.

preid

60av8tor, thanks!
I ended up upgrading today and testing everything. The upgrade process went exceptionally well for me. I had no issue with the datalog export and my system remaining stable.

bobl_51

I love flying!
Just like to inform the forum that the crash after exporting user data logs I reported can no longer be reproduced after going flying with V12 installed. Same USB stick, etc. Diagnostic logs captured after the repeatable crashes were uploaded to Dynon and they are investigating.

Wal_Thompson

No really - I totally love flying!
Just installed the V12 update and also have the post-export reboot bug. Repeated 3 times, renamed export files, cleared data, sufficient space is on the original Dynon USB stick, no joy. The data appears to export correctly, but the date is 24 hours out (I think?). New Zealand locale.

Edit - date error confirmed. The user data log and the black box data log are both 24 hours slow on their output. GPS date/time on the unit is indicating correctly. Maybe a date manipulation error is contributing to the crash?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I think the log has GMT time, which would put you 13 hours off. Are you sure that's not what you're seeing on the date front?

Wal_Thompson

Yes, it's UTC, but even accounting for that there's a 24 hour discrepancy - the date is off. That doesn't bother me so much as the crash after export...

mervg

I can confirm the gps date is 24 hours off in my log files also.  The time is correctly stated in GMT but the date is yesterday.  The file name of the exported log has the correct date.  This discrepancy just started with V12.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
A few more questions for those of you experiencing this:

Does the crash happen every single time that the user logs are exported, or just some/most of the time?

Where does it crash in the process? Right at or near 100% every time?

Does it also crash when exporting the diagnostic log, or just the user logs?

Can any of you try a different USB stick and/or re-format the one that you're using stick? Does that make a difference?

Wal_Thompson

Does the crash happen every single time that the user logs are exported, or just some/most of the time? Every time I've tried it since the update, which is four or five times in succession.

Where does it crash in the process? Right at or near 100% every time? At the end every time. The process seems to reach the end, but before the "export complete" message is visible on screen the system reboots. The resultant logfile is not corrupted or truncated.

Does it also crash when exporting the diagnostic log, or just the user logs? Just the user log (I think).

Can any of you try a different USB stick and/or re-format the one that you're using stick? Does that make a difference? Will try when I get a chance. Thanks for listening!
Update - tried with a different stick, same crash. Modified the local time offset to 0, same crash.

kurtfly

I love flying!
I can confirm the Date is off by 1 day. My flight today (2/15) shows GPS date of 2/14??? No problems with crashing but I have not been able to upload to Savvy Analysis... Don't know if related or not.

Wal_Thompson

Weird - export worked today without crashing. I've changed nothing - same stick, no settings adjusted. Date error remains, but export worked (at least this time).