V16 definitions

pgtuck

After installing V16 software, in the auto pilot setup screen for roll control, I see new roll control points. CDI gain, CDI dot gain, XTE gain, and XTE dot gain. I can't find any documentation that explains what they and how to adjust. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

swatson999

Would be nice to have documentation on this, wouldn't it?

Dynon, what gives? We asked for this on release of V16, and haven't heard anything from you since...

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So I think - but am not certain - that those are parameters that we wouldn't expect most people to change from defaults without guidance from our support team. That said, I'm looking into it to see what info we can publish.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So here is a pretty "raw" technical description of what each of these parameters does. What we don't have - at this point - is more sophisticated guidance, like the tuning guide, to help guide you in terms of what is likely to help or hurt performance. As many of you know from back before we had teh AP tuning guide, randomly moving around values can give you some pretty off results. Some parameters are more senstive than others. And so on. So do tread carefully (or experimentally - this is experimental aviation after all!)

1618239379274.png

1618239393188.png

sunfish

I love flying!
Thank you. Where would I find the settings for what constitutes “high” and “low” air speeds? Is it the number in the pitch trim settings dialogue?

djones

Administrator
Staff member
That is correct, high and low speeds are defined in the pitch trim settings. The system actually interpolates between low and high speed sensitivity for speeds between the minimum and maximum airspeed settings.

WmInce

So here is a pretty "raw" technical description of what each of these parameters does. What we don't have - at this point - is more sophisticated guidance, like the tuning guide, to help guide you in terms of what is likely to help or hurt performance. As many of you know from back before we had teh AP tuning guide, randomly moving around values can give you some pretty off results. Some parameters are more senstive than others. And so on. So do tread carefully (or experimentally - this is experimental aviation after all!)

View attachment 4533
View attachment 4534
Suggest table be added to Autopilot Tuning Guide Appendix, with a simplified, plain English explanation of each adjustment category.

Last edited:

Solana

I love flying!

View attachment 4533
View attachment 4534
What a great table! Thanks very much!!